Chiropractics is a form of alternative medicine. It is an evidence-based, hands-on treatment that focuses on the care of musculoskeletal and nervous system disorders and their effect on general health.
The concept of chiropractics is based on the premise that the body has an innate ability to heal itself and that the nervous system manages all the functions of the body and diseases are a result of abnormal nerve function. This is one reason why practitioners at the health and wellness chiropractic center apply manipulation of body structures like the spinal column in order to release the pressure applied by the spinal cord on the nerves due to a displacement of a vertebral body (subluxation).
Chiropractors perform spinal manipulation with their hands. They do it to restore the proper alignment of your body’s musculoskeletal structure, especially the spine, and bring back your body’s ability to heal itself without medication or surgery. In some cases, practitioners like a Cherry Creek chiropractor use manipulation to restore mobility to joints rendered impotent by tissue injury due to trauma or repetitive stress.
Chiropractic medicine is primarily intended to relieve pain in the muscles, bones, joints and connective tissues including cartilage, tendons and ligaments. In some instances, it can be applied in conjunction with conventional medical care and treatment.
Chiropractic care has become increasingly popular not only in the U.S. but in major countries around the world. In fact, most people who want to seek alternative relief from back pain prefer chiropractic treatment. An estimated 22 million Americans visit chiropractic centers annually. From this number, 35% or 7.7 million suffer from back pain due to various causes including accidents, muscle strains and sports injuries. The remaining 65% have various complaints including headaches, pain in the legs, arms, and neck.
Fundamental Steps of the Chiropractic Process
Before the start of a chiropractic procedure, first-time patients needs to go through a process to determine their need for chiropractic treatment. The practitioner also needs the patient to understand that part of his goal as a chiropractor is to provide treatment and care to restore normal bodily function and prevent injuries in addition to providing relief from pain.
- The chiropractor takes the medical history of the patient and performs physical examination
- If necessary, the practitioner may use or recommend laboratory tests or diagnostic imaging to know if chiropractic treatment is appropriate for the patient’s pain
- The chiropractor tells the patient that the treatment plan could involve one or a series of manual adjustments which involve manipulation of the joints with the use of controlled force. This is intended to relieve the pain and restore the patient’s quality of motion.
- The chiropractor may conduct nutritional counseling and exercise or rehabilitation as part of the treatment plan.
Benefits of Chiropractic Care
- Chiropractic care which includes spinal manipulation is generally safe.
- It can effectively provide relief from acute low back pain due to sudden injury
- Chiropractic care can provide relief from acute back pain in about six weeks or less without surgery or medication
- It is also an effective treatment for neck pain and headaches.
Possible Risks Associated with Chiropractic Care
- The effectiveness of prolotherapy or sclerotherapy, chiropractic processes that involve the injection of irritants to treat back pain, hasn’t been confirmed, according to studies.
- Spinal manipulation is definitely not for people with osteoporosis, inflammatory arthritis, spinal cord compression and patients that take blood-thinning medications.
- Cancer patients and people with a history of the disease are discouraged to undergo spinal manipulation without a clearance from their physician.
Chiropractors are licensed professionals who perform their treatment based on your medical history, symptoms, and tests. He also needs to be aware of your present medical condition, ongoing medications and lifestyle in order to effectively perform chiropractic care.
If you want relief from back pain and other body aches without the risk of surgery or synthetic medication, you should consider chiropractic treatment respected chiropractors in Cherry Creek at Fit Wellness Center. This should make you realize that you can actually cure pain without exposing yourself to the side effects of drugs.
Redeem your mobility, find relief from back pain and regain your sense of well-being the natural way. Feel the therapeutic touch of professionals from the best health and wellness chiropractic center in Broomfield.